There is a school uniform which is worn throughout the school. All children at Knighton Mead are expected to wear the school uniform. School uniform, including book bags, are on sale from the school office.
A school uniform is important at school because:
- It gives the children a sense of belonging and being part of the school
- The risk of bullying regarding a pupils clothing is significantly reduced
- When attending school outings, children can easily be identified as belonging to Knighton Mead
- It prepares children for secondary school
- Book bags support children’s reading progress and links with home/school
It is expected that children at school will adhere to the following school uniform:
- Dark grey trousers/shorts/skirt
- Red and white gingham dresses/grey school dresses
- Grey, white or black tights
- White polo shirts or blouses
- Red cardigans or jumpers
- Plain black footwear
Due to limited space within the cloakroom areas we ask that children refrain from bringing in large rucksacks. Instead we highly encourage foldable bags which can be stored in the children’s drawers.
- Book Bag
- School PE Kit
No jewellery should be worn at school except for medic-alert tags, a simple watch and/or stud earrings. No jewellery should be worn during P.E. or swimming lessons, except for medic-alert tags.
We request that your child has a waterproof coat with them in school on any day when it may be required.
- Plain black, white or red
- Should be tight fitting or removed during PE lessons for health and safety reasons
P.E. Indoor and Outdoor
- Plain red t-shirt
- Black shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Black plimsolls
- Trainers for outdoor use