At Knighton Mead Primary Academy, we believe Geography should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to investigate theorise and understand. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of the world around them. They should also know how Geography is relevant in the creation of the world we live in.
National Curriculum Aims:
- Develop contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places – both terrestrial and marine – including their defining physical and human characteristics and how these provide a geographical context for understanding the actions of processes
- Understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world, how these are interdependent and how they bring about spatial variation and change over time
- Are competent in the geographical skills needed to:
- collect, analyse and communicate with a range of data gathered through experiences of fieldwork that deepen their understanding of geographical processes
- interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length.
Geography Policy 2019-20 (MISSING FILE)
Humanities Whole School Overview (MISSING FILE)
Geography Skills Progression (MISSING FILE)