In light of the partial school closure, packs were sent out on Thursday 19th March for the children to take home so that their learning can continue should this be necessary. If you have not received one of these packs, they will be available to collect from the school office between the hours of 9am and 3pm each week day. Whilst the school may be closed, we want to reassure parents that we will still continue to provide the best possible education that we can, despite these difficulties. We will be making the most of our online platforms and means of communication – Twitter and text messages.
During the partial closure, we will aim to provide a daily communication via Twitter so that parents are kept informed on any updates. We will use this page to distribute work to children in different year groups at points throughout the closure. There are lots of useful resources available.
- Number facts and times tables practise – https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth
- Accelerated Reader – https://ukhosted113.renlearn.co.uk/2242437/ – children will now be allowed to quiz at home. To access these quizzes the children should follow this link and login as they normally would at school. This link is specific to our school and will not be able to be found through web searches. Quizzes will be live 9am-3pm each week day.
- MyOn for our online catalogue of books – https://www.myon.co.uk/login/index.html – children will now be able to read and quiz on any book (rather than just in their ZPD range) to allow access to a wide range of books after they finish books they have taken home from school.
- Fluency Matters: https://fluencymatters.com/even-more-free-ci/
- Storyboard: https://www.storyboardthat.com/
- Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Maths Shed: https://www.mathshed.com/en-gb
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ – Make an account then copy dances and song for learning, keeping active and mindfulness
In addition, lots of websites are offering access to resources through setting up a free account:
As always, we as a school are here to support you and will keep you updated of developments as they occur. Thank you for your support and commitment throughout.